Upcoming events at St Kentigern
Please get in touch with us if you need our support, have a query about any aspect of our work or to give us your feedback.
The Big Dip for St Kentigern Hospice
February 25 @ 8:00 am - 10:30 am
*PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF EVENT TIME – REGISTRATION OPEN 8AM, DIP BEGINS 9AM*
Come join St Kentigern Hospice at Prestatyn Central Beach for a refreshing and exhilarating event on Sunday Feb 25 2024.
Whether you’re a seasoned swimmer or just looking for a fun day out, this event is open to all. Dive into the chilly waters and feel the rush of adrenaline as you take part in this invigorating challenge.
By participating in The Big Dip, you’ll not only be supporting St Kentigern Hospice but also enjoying a memorable experience with like-minded individuals. So gather your friends, family, and colleagues to form a team or take the plunge solo. Together, let’s make a big splash for a worthy cause!
Entry is £5 per dipper (plus admin fee unless booked directly)
Enter online or download an entry form below:
We encourage you to collect sponsorship for the event by downloading a sponsorship form or setting up a JustGiving page.
We will meet in front of Nova Prestatyn on Prestatyn Central Beach.
Parking will not be provided, please use pay and display car parks or street parking nearby.
Changing facilities will not be available.
8:00am – Registration open with two desks one for pre registered and one for entry on the day
8:50am – Mandatory safety briefing for all participants
9:00am – Participants brave the cold!
- Going for a swim in cold, open water can be exhilarating, but it’s not without risk. So if it’s your first time open water swimming or cold water dipping, it’s important to speak to a health care professional to discuss the risks of cold water immersion before you go.
- Wear a well fitting wetsuit and wear a brightly coloured swimming hat
- Acclimatise slowly. Never jump or dive straight in, as this could cause cold water shock
- Stay within your depths and swim parallel to the shore
- Bring plenty of warm layers and towels for after the dip
Information provided from RNLI webiste, find more information at https://rnli.org/safety/choose-your-activity/open-water-swimming#section-anchor-link—acclimatise
- You must complete and sign this Medical Declaration and Disclaimer Form before taking part in the dip.
- You will need to declare any medical facts, which may affect your participation and provide an emergency contact.
- The Big Dip for St Kentigern Hospice is undertaken AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- All participants must be over 18 years of age.
- We reserve the right reduce the length of the event or to cancel the session in the event of extreme weather (temperature, high wind, thunderstorms etc.)
- It’s recommended that those partaking in cold water events are physically fit and in good health. If you have a history of heart disease, suffer from asthma or any other health conditions, we recommend that you should obtain a Doctor’s approval before participating in a cold-water event.